How It Works
Set a base monthly rate and hourly tiers to incentivize more usage in your kitchen!
Time Based Billing Plans include the following details:
- Plan Name: Select a plan name that is descriptive enough for you to distinguish between them. This plan name will be shown to your clients.
- Description: Add any additional information about what the plan includes.
- Base Monthly Details: Set the amount to be charged to the client every month for a base number of hours. These base hours do not roll over if they go unused.
- Overage Tiers: Set the hourly rate that is charged to your client if they book more than the base number of hours on the plan. Add as many tiers as you'd like. Hours booked within each Overage Tier will be charged at that tier's rate.
The Food Corridor tracks the number of hours your clients book throughout the month and charges them accordingly. The rates you set in a Time Based plan override the rates on your calendars - an hour is seen as an hour, regardless of when and where the client books. Any Overage Tier hours are added up throughout the month per the tier rate and appear on the next month’s invoice for billing, along with the base monthly rate for the current month.
If you have unique situations for specific clients that you don’t want other clients to be able to view, then mark these plans as Hidden from your listings page.
Real World Example
Dan’s Donuts has the following Time Based Billing Plan:
Dan pays $400 per month for 20 hours. Last month he booked 45 hours.
The first 20 hours were included in his base monthly rate that he already paid last month. Hours 21-30 are added to his new monthly invoice at a rate of $20/hr. Hours 31-40 are added at a rate of $18/hr. Everything over 41 hours is added at $16.50/hr. His overage hours from last month will be charged this month, along with his base monthly rate for this month.
His new monthly invoice will show:
- $400 base monthly rate for 20 hours to use this month
- $200 for overage hours 21-30 (Tier 1: $20/hr)
- $180 for overage hours 31-40 (Tier 2: $18/hr)
- $82.50 for overage hours 41-45 (Tier 3: $16.50/hr)
Looking for other plan types? You can also offer your clients Credit Based Billing Plans.
Still have questions about Time Based Billing Plans? Lets chat!